FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — Northeast foundations dedicated over $500,000 to Northern Well being within the 2021-22 fiscal yr.
After committing over $2.2 million to Northern Well being, teams within the north are being acknowledged by the well being authority.
Fort St. John organizations contributed $333,323 to Northern Well being, and the Dawson Creek and District Hospital Basis contributed $64,316.
“I’m at all times amazed on the quantity of labor the foundations and auxiliaries do on behalf of the folks of northern BC,” mentioned Northern Well being board chair Colleen Nyce in a information launch on Friday.
“The Northern Well being board is humbled by their generosity and contributions in the direction of enhancing well being take care of the individuals who dwell within the North.”
Past financial help, the board acknowledged the numerous volunteer hours dedicated in an setting that’s “unsure and difficult.”
“I’m impressed by the dedication and dedication of the northern foundations and auxiliaries,” mentioned President and CEO Cathy Ulrich.
“We’re very grateful for the monetary and volunteer contributions made annually in the direction of enhancing well being care throughout the North.”
The board prolonged because of those that confirmed their help within the final yr.
Basis, auxiliary and society contributions to Northern Well being in 2021/2022:
- Bulkley Valley Well being Care & Hospital Basis: $472,273
- Burns Lake & District Well being Care Auxiliary: $23,550
- Chetwynd and District Hospital Basis: $97,0008
- Dawson Creek and District Hospital Basis: $64,316
- The Dr. R.E.M. Lee Hospital Basis: $237,986
- Fort St. John Hospital Auxiliary: $51,569
- Fort St. John Hospital Basis: $282,754
- GR Baker Hospital Auxiliary: $96,787
- The Kitimat Common Hospital Basis: $114,609
- McBride & District Hospital Auxiliary: $375
- Quesnel & District Hospice Palliative Care Affiliation: $2,307
- Spirit of the North Well being Care Basis: $609,776
- St. John Hospital Auxiliary Society: $102,910
- Stuart Lake Hospital Auxiliary Society: $13,457
- Tumbler Ridge Well being Care Basis: $5,160
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital Auxiliary: $26,312
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital Basis: $1,939