Ottawa Public Well being is reporting an increase in COVID-19 exercise in Ottawa heading into the ultimate weekend of March.
One new loss of life linked to COVID-19 has been reported since Tuesday, together with 112 new instances of COVID-19.
The weekly Respiratory Virus Dashboard reveals COVID-19 exercise has elevated since final week, whereas influenza and RSV exercise stays just like final week. Ottawa Public Well being says COVID-19 ranges are “excessive” within the wastewater surveillance as effectively.
The COVID-19 wastewater viral sign in Ottawa. Knowledge final reported March 23, 2023. (613covid.ca/wastewater/)
There are presently 20 Ottawa residents in hospital due to an energetic COVID-19 an infection, together with two within the ICU.
OPH hospitalization figures solely symbolize Ottawa residents who’re in hospital due to an energetic case of COVID-19. Native hospitals report greater figures, which embody sufferers who had been admitted for causes aside from COVID-19 however have examined constructive and sufferers who aren’t from Ottawa.
- The Ottawa Hospital: 43 sufferers (as of March 24)
- Queensway Carleton Hospital: 6 sufferers (As of March 24)
- Montfort Hospital: 11 sufferers (As of March 24)
- CHEO: 0 sufferers (As of March 24)
Because the first case of COVID-19 in Ottawa in March 2020, there have been 90,810 laboratory-confirmed instances of COVID-19 in Ottawa, together with 1,030 deaths.
OTTAWA’S KEY COVID-19 STATISTICS
- COVID-19 instances per 100,000 (March 16 – 22): 23.4
- Seven-day common of positivity price within the Ottawa neighborhood, together with long-term care: 13.2 per cent
- Recognized energetic instances: 368
COVID-19 VACCINES IN OTTAWA
Up to date March 20
- Ottawa residents with 1 dose (5+): 925,528
- Ottawa residents with 2 doses (5+): 891,810
- Ottawa residents with 3 doses (5+): 616,607
- Ottawa residents with 4 doses (12+): 340,513
- Share of inhabitants 5 and older with at the least one dose: 89 per cent
- Share of inhabitants 5 and older with at the least two doses: 85 per cent
- Share of inhabitants 5 and older with at the least three doses: 59 per cent
- Share of inhabitants 12 and older with at the least 4 doses: 35 per cent
*Statistics on Ottawa residents with a number of doses embody anybody with an Ottawa postal code who was vaccinated anyplace in Ontario.
AROUND THE REGION
- Jap Ontario Well being Unit: 11 in hospital, 5 in ICU (as of March 24)
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Well being: 12 in hospital, 3 in ICU (As of March 21)
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Well being: 8 in hospital, 0 in ICU (As of March 21)
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Well being Unit: 2 in hospital (As of March 21)
- Renfrew County and District Well being Unit: 4 in hospital, 0 in ICU (Up to date on Thursdays)
Ottawa Public Well being is presently reporting energetic outbreaks within the following areas
- 5 in hospitals
- 3 in long-term care houses
- 8 in retirement houses
- 4 in group houses
- 1 in supported unbiased dwelling
No present influenza outbreaks
OTHER ONGOING RESPIRATORY OUTBREAKS
- 1 in long-term care houses
- 3 in retirement houses
A full listing of areas with energetic outbreaks is out there on OPH’s outbreak dashboard.